Friday, January 22, 2010

Frosty Fest 2010
















Friday Evening was spent with the Gurnee Parks District for a night of entertainment and fun. The 2nd annual Frosty Fest was a terrific time spent watching ice sculptures be created, kids got to make their own, and beautiful ones to be admired. Horse drawn sleighs, dog sledding, ice sculpture painting, crafts, a snowman contest, and marshmallow roasting outside were just some of the fun activities. Indoors, patrons and guests enjoyed live music, snacks, coffee and hot cocoa. And what would Frosty Fest be without Frosty the Snowman? The children got to meet and take pictures with the Famous Frosty himself!


I manned the snack table, got to visit with many of our guests, and even got to have some quality time with Eric and Elena. Once Elena realized what I was doing, she wanted to help too...she helped herself to behind-the-counter-duty, showing kids and parents alike where the snacks were, handing them out and even making recommendations...very funny! I think she may have welcomed more people than I did! She's a natural host, that one!



Special thanks to Linda Brogren for again coordinating the event as well as my appearance, again to Christie and Lisa for all their hard work, and to my special little ladies, Katlyn and Katie, for helping with food prep. Also to the friends of Art Below Zero for their amazing work. You can see more at http://www.artbelowzero.net/




Enjoy the pictures!


2 comments:

  1. Anji,
    You look like you're totally enjoying your reign! I'd watch out for that big snowman though... looks like he's trying to out-smile everyone! By-the-way....it brings back a lot of memories hearing the opening number song while I'm reading this!!!!! (mostly tired & sore feet) Luv and miss you lady.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erika. I miss you, too! Yeah, even though my feet hurt, I do smile every time I hear that song now! Kisses and Love!!!

    ReplyDelete