Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowflake Serenade
















The Gurnee Park District Preschool holds its annual Winter Music Program, Snowflake Serenade, at this time of year, and I was asked to be a part of the event.
My Saturday afternoon was spent setting up refreshments, passing out programs, and greeting families for the two music programs. I actually missed out on the first of the two concerts as far as getting to see the performance itself. One of the children has a fear of "characters" (people dressed up, figures you see at restaurants and amusement parks, etc) and when he saw the crown and sash he thought I was a character at the event and was afraid to sing. I had to hide out in the kitchen until he was done...so cute and so sad all at the same time...I felt so bad for him, but he got through his singing without a hitch, and I was able to come back and be a part of everything again. It was so much fun watching the children sing and perform their parts (I think my favorite was the "Popcorn Song"). And meeting with several of the families afterward is always a treat! I love my community and am grateful for each opportunity to serve. My thanks to them for their warmth and support.




Special thanks to Linda Brogren of Gurnee Parks for coordinating my appearance, to Ginni and Sue for doing an awesome job of making things run smoothly, and Ashley who headed up the set up and clean up so that we were able to get everything taken care of in a timely manner. And of course to Sweet Katie, our Little Miss Gurnee, who is always a doll to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment