Sunday, July 25, 2010

Farewell Speech


Being Mrs. Illinois America has been an experience I never thought possible, one I never imagined being the journey it was when it became a reality, and one I will never, ever forget. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." God has given me purpose in life, and gave me great purpose during my time as Mrs. Illinois, with opportunities to serve and participate where I never would have had the chance had it not been for this title. From packing meals to send to Haiti, raising more awareness and support for breast cancer through several outlets, to leading a crowd of almost 700 people as a dancing zombie and breaking a new world record...these are just a few of the incredible moments in the life I have known as Mrs. Illinois. Standing on the stage of Mrs. America was a dream fulfilled for me, and a time I will remember fondly (blisters and all)! And through every moment, God has been there completely in control, allowing all things for growth in me and greatness for Him. So I open with my thanks to Him for everything.


My deepest gratitude goes to Eric for being my husband (thank you for choosing me!) and my best friend; thank you for making this possible for me. To my chosen sister Julie, for the constant that is you. To the Mrs. Illinois' who have gone before me, giving me strength, encouragement and examples befitting of royalty both inside and out, I stand and applaud you. To my friends and family, I am indebted to you for your continued support and prayers. To the many people who aided me in preparation before and throughout my reign as Mrs. Illinois; thank you for believing in me and guiding me to and through this adventure. To my Mrs. America sisters, my heart's gratitude for the friends I have in you. Success is never achieved alone, and it is because of all of you that I have been here. You have "raise(d) me up, to more than I can be."


The Mrs. Illinois America Organization affords married women the opportunity of a lifetime. What you do with it - the possibilities are endless. I thank the Aceto family for that. To the sponsors who have continued to support the pageant over the years, I thank you for giving so generously and making Mrs. Illinois feel incredibly special.


To the next Mrs. Illinois and to all the ladies competing for the title; the most important title you will ever hold is that of wife which is why being a "Mrs. Titleholder" is truly special. You share this with your partner in life; he is so important and without your husband, you could not be here today. Cherish him! To every woman...you are uniquely made to do and be uniquely beautiful things. You are a treasure and a gift to this world, and someone, somewhere needs you and the talents you possess. Don't ever forget how priceless you are! No one can compare to you, so don't ever compare yourself to anyone else.


I close with thanks for giving me this time to share myself with you, as Mrs. Anji Meidel and as Mrs. Illinois America 2009. May God bless you all as you have blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment