Saturday, July 17, 2010

Little Miss, Miss Teen, and Miss Gurnee Pageant
















This weekend was spent working with the Little Miss, Miss Teen, and Miss Gurnee Pageant. I was on hand Friday, timing for interview, and then took care of ticket and program sales Saturday. All of the volunteers were tagged with "pageant staff" plates for all the contestants so they knew who to go to when needing help or assistance, and that was a lot of fun to get to be a part of...although, that also made me look like an authoritarian on everything, which I most certainly was not! It sure brought on a lot of laughs too, to some of the questions people asked (Ask the director, please...I'm just here to help!!! HAHAHA!) !!! ;)



This is an impressive group, and in it's third year, continues to grow by leaps and bounds. We had over 300 hundred in attendance this year! It is a very nice production and everyone has been warm, friendly, and a joy to work with. Kaili, the director, is lovely, thoughtful, and a treat to have met this weekend. I thank both she and Jenni, Miss Gurnee 2009, for asking me to help out with the event.




This is my final appearance as Mrs. Illinois America 2009 before passing on the title July 24th. I'll, of course, finish out the blog with the 2010 pageant and closing. It's been quite an experience and I am looking forward to the future!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that you pass your title on in 6 days! You have done an outstanding job as Mrs. Illinois and I am glad to have been a part of it! Thank you for everything Mrs. Illinois America 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete