Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Miss Lake County Fair Pageant







The Lake County Fair is now underway, and I had the opportunity to meet with the outgoing queens and see the new being ushered in. It is a very nice pageant, well produced, and you see how they appreciate each individual lady competing. The rose ceremony they do at the end, presenting each lady with a single rose, serenade and hug, was very touching. All ladies who compete in pageantry should be made to feel special, crown or not.



I also happened to meet a lovely person by the name of Beverly Turkowski who just happened to choose a seat next to me. As we got to talking, I remembered seeing her in SuperModels Unlimited Magazine as Ms. American United States! She's been in pageants for quite a while and as it turns out we know a lot of the same people. I was so thankful to have spent that time with her and have that evening to share together. She is a lovely lady inside and out.



God was also kind to place two young ladies next to me that were very kind with their compliments. They were so cute asking all kinds of questions about the pageant and all. They said they felt really special getting to sit next to me (gosh, I hope I didn't stink, it was really, really muggy out!!!), but it was me who felt special for they way they acted toward me. One actually hugged me goodbye and had tears, saying she wanted to be like me when she grows up. I'm touched and flattered that any young lady would say that (Heaven knows there's a part of me praying that my little girl will look up to me in some ways), but I hope and pray she grows up to be whom she is meant to be and that she takes pride in that. I hope she sees that she is beautifully made with lots to offer, and I hope she never loses sight of that. I pray I never fail others in helping them see that, and pray even more that I never lose sight of that myself.



1 Peter 3:3-6
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."


Photos are:

-Meeting the 2008 Queens (so sweet and so beautiful)

-The ladies in interview on stage

-Picture with Kayla and Brittany, the two lovely young ladies I got to meet during the pageant. Be your best YOU! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment