Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day on the Terrace






I had the opportunity to be a part of the Style Show for Day on The Terrace at the Peninsula Hotel in Chicago Monday. Below is the information as reported by CBS2:


The Service Club of Chicago, one of the city's most recognized and well-respected philanthropic organizations, will host an afternoon affair on the Peninsula Hotel's outdoor terrace. For a "Day on The Terrace," guests will have the opportunity to mingle with Chicago socialites, local politicians and industry heavyweights on the posh terrace overlooking the skyline. The elegant affair will feature the ultimate fashion show with well-known models of the city. Walking the terrace runway will be the likes of broadcast beauties Robin Robinson of WFLD-TV and Kathy Brock of WLS-TV, social scene media and impresarios Bill Zwecker of Chicago Sun-Times and Bunky Cushing, as well as newly crowned president of Allstate Financial Desiree Rogers, to name a few. CircEsteem will offer a performance before the fashion show, showcasing children from all walks of life that help build self-esteem and respect through the practice of circus arts. Luxurious designs will be provided by Dismaro, LucaLuca, Loreta Corsetti, Quinton de Alexander, Ultimo, Neiman Marcus, Escada, Maria Pinto, Hana K., 28 Shop at Macy's and Starr Couture.
Mrs. Eileen Howard-Weinburg, one of the contestants of the Mrs. Illinois America Pageant for the last two years and a member of the Service Club as well, was very kind in suggesting Mrs. Illinois be a part of their event. I want to thank her for not only thinking of me, but for being so kind to me during the event as well, and for her hard work in this organization. I had a lot of fun spending time with the ladies before-hand as we got ready and waited for our turn on the runway. So many ladies, beautiful inside and out, and so many pretty things to look at! I don't think I've been to something so nice!



Special thanks go to Hazel,Terri, Sherrill, Ellen and Sue for making me feel so welcome and so special through the event.





To Tracy Tarantino, the official choreographer of the Mrs. Illinois America Pageant, and the director of the production yesterday, thank you for picking out dresses (perfect!) and for putting on an incredibly well run show. I can't wait to work with you again!





To 2 very lovely ladies from the Mrs. Illinois Pageant in the last couple years: Darby Hills, who is also a member of the organization and was in attendance, thank you for your kind words, support, and for being the beautiful person you are. This lady has such a heart, and I am fortunate to know her. And again, to Eileen, for your kindness. I am grateful for their goodness, both to me and in their dedication to great causes. Both of you ladies are what Mrs. Illinois should be like.



To Jason Pawlowski for his unselfishness of his time at the event, making sure my things were cared for and making sure I got to my car safely, and the talent of his pictures. You are too good!
And thank you to my directors Marcie and Julie for making the time to be at the event (sorry about the traffic, Julie :( ).

Photos are:


-Sylwia and myself. She was one of the designers - LOVED her gowns - but I wanted to show her not only because she was so talented, but because she made a point to help me in and out of gowns. Considering the fact that she was a DESIGNER and there for her own things going on, she was incredibly busy and didn't have to do that for me. I am grateful for her selfless generosity. Isn't she beautiful?!


-With my directors


-With lovely Ms. Betty Brown, who was there in support of the Cause for the day and a supporter of the Mrs. Illinois Pageant as well, with her table



- On the Runway...

No comments:

Post a Comment