Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gurnee Days
















This week was the week of Gurnee Days, my hometown, filled with food, vendors, rides, fireworks...and of course, the Parade! I was one of the judges of the parade this year. It was hard picking just one winner for each category - we had some really great entries!



My co-judges, Ray and John, are REAL circuit judges (Geez, was I out-ranked)! They were so gracious and welcoming, introducing me to friends and vistors, and they were not only a blast to be around but we were all in sync with our decisions. Maybe I could be a judge someday...hhhhmmmm! ;)


You can see more about Gurnee Days at:




I hope you'll come visit sometime!


Special thanks goes to Ken Stemplewski, for organizing the Parade and for including me in this incredible event. To the Honorable Judge Phillips and the Honorable Judge McKowski, my thanks to you for your service to the community and for the honor of sitting with you as "judge" for the parade. And my thanks to the Community of Gurnee, for your support, loyalty, friendliness and spirit that embodies the "Community of Opportunity". I am proud to be a resident and proud to represent and serve you.


Pictures Are:

-Judges and Ken - that pink foam ball on the table was one of the many WATER-SOAKED balls flung at us by one of the floats...John tried to deflect a few...one did get me in the head! Thank goodness for waterproof mascara!

-The Mika family that came to say "hi" - love you guys!

-at the Judges table - John decided I needed a proper background, so the next picture is of him changing it up - they were a hoot like that the whole day! And then another of John and I.


I'll have another post of the parade route and the cutest little "fish" you've ever seen...ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment