Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rotary Club of Schaumburg-Hoffman Estates











Friday was spent at Poplar Creek Country Club as a co-guest speaker with Chelsea Fahey, current Miss Cook County of the Miss Illinois America Program (ah, memories), for the Rotary Club of Schaumburg-Hoffman Estates.


We were treated to a delicious lunch, good company, and got to see what Rotary is all about. Service, service, service!!! We were introduced to Audrey from Belgium, their "new daughter", and one of the many outreach programs to give financially and keep connected with literally the world around them in service. She was a darling.



It was an honor to get to speak to these lovely people about my service and to thank them for theirs. Listening to their stories, seeing their efforts and attitudes about service, was a terrific experience and I am positive I gained more from them than they from me.


Special thanks to Jason Pawlowski for once again giving his time and talent to taking pictures and taking care of us at the event, as well as arranging it. Also thank you to the following: President, Bruce Dopke, Former President Dom Re, Jim (and forgive me for missing the last name) who also worked with Jason to have us there (help me out, Jay?!?!), and the many other ladies and gentlemen who were genuinely delightful to meet.


Photos are:


-Chelsea, President Bruce, and myself


-Jason and I ("Dude!")

-Anita, Audrey,Chelsea and I...she made pastries, chocolate and mousse with real Belgium chocolate from her home country...I heard it was wonderful...sniff, sniff... :(


-Speaking
I'll have some more pictures and some more neat things about Rotary I would like to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment