Sunday, October 25, 2009

Walk for Awareness / Lincoln Marsh











The Breast Cancer Walk benefitting Central Dupage Hospital and Lincoln Park Natural area was a great event - even with the inclement weather - for breast cancer awareness and support. The walk was held in Wheaton, IL, Saturday, October 24th, and former Mrs. Illinois America 2005, Kaili Harding, was kind enough to coordinate an appearance for me knowing my work with BC.



We braved wind and bitter rain, but we still had a great turnout, and yet another opportunity to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. Afterward, Kaili treated me to a tour of downtown Wheaton where we met several shop owners and even a community dignitary at lunch!



The town of Wheaton is exceptionally warm, giving and kind. I highly recommend patronizing the shops/establishments there. You will not be disappointed! My favorites were:



Egg'Lectic who sponsored our lunch - http://www.egglecticcafe.net/ - YUM!!!



Jeans and A Cute Top Shop - Jill, the owner, is a doll! I am looking forward to some shopping there! - http://local.yahoo.com/info-56099315-jeans-and-a-cute-top-shop-wheaton



And thanks to Bonnie of The Stork's Cradle, who as it turns out, is a huge Mrs. Illinois America Organization Fan! - http://www.thestorkscradle.com/



A very special thank you to Margie who worked tirelessly to put the BC walk of Central Dupage Hospital together (loved her kids!) and to Kaili, who selflessly looks for opportunities to promote Mrs. Illinois America, the organization, and what it stands for. She is an amazing example to me, and the kind of Mrs. Illinois I strive to be myself. Thank you!!!

Photos:
-Jill, Jennifer and myself - They had a lot of fun trying on the crown and sash!
-Talking To Cathy of CDH before welcoming the crowd - and we had a pretty good one considering the cold!!! :)
-with our "littlest supporters"
-with Kaili, who despite being ill, braved the weather and still looks less tired than me!!! Love you, Kaili! Thank you so, so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment