Sunday, October 4, 2009

Walk for Hope 2009
















And the Sun Came Out...!!!!!!!!!



October 4th marked the 15th Annual Walk for Hope for Breast Cancer (my 6th), and this year I was invited to do some really special things including addressing the crowd about my involvement with Walk for Hope, helping in acknowledging our survivors, and cutting the ribbon at the beginning of the race.


Our host for the event this year was the incomparable Jackie Bange of WGN News. And I say that with all sincerity and admiration because she is down to earth, gracious, and "all about everyone else". Not for a moment was she concerned about who she was at this event, rather hugging survivors, talking to the crowd, and taking the time to encourage a young man who just lost his mom to BC last year. I admire her and thank her and WGN for their time and coverage of the event. Be sure to watch WGN at 9pm tonight (yep - I actually made the news! Briefly, but wow, how neat!!!).



(Be sure to take the time to watch the video of Jackie and Bob (Mr. Robert Jordan)!)


Special thanks goes to Greg our stage manager, to Mike our awesome DJ for keeping things going (and moving to keep everybody warm!), to Mary (Chairperson), Beth (co-Chair), Carol (Founding Chair of Walk for Hope), and Mindy for all your hard work and efforts in putting together a terrific Walk for Hope for BC year after year. You are all AWESOME!!!





Photos are:


-The Start and Finish Line


-My view from the Stage - isn't that cool?!?!



-Carol and her Family



-Urban Dance Team



-Mary, Jackie, Beth and me
PS - I was loving all those close up, hugging shots...I was so cold, and that was my chance to warm up! That and our DJ, Mike, would come down every so often and give me a hug or warm my hands to keep me from freezing...that's love, people!
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment