Monday, April 19, 2010

Let's Get Fancy with Fancy Nancy
















Sunday was spent at Barnes & Noble in Oak Brook for a special Fancy Nancy Event. Little girls came dressed up in their fanciest dresses and dress up clothes, listened to stories, got to go to several craft tables - one of which was to make their very own crown! - and enjoy refreshments. They also had a Fashion Parade where they walked about the store waving and picking up prizes along the way.



Events like these are very special because I get to incorporate family in them. Eric and Elena got to come along and "get fancy" as well, and I got to be with them more than I would at a regular event.




What fun to get to play with the kids, and even have fun making some crafts myself for a little late-comer so she could have all the things everyone else got. She really liked the bracelet I made her! I liked the crown she made!




Special thanks to Cheryl, Elizabeth, Sarah and others of Barnes & Noble for wanting to include Mrs. Illinois in such a special event, to Jason Pawlowski for always doing his best to make time for me and take lots of pictures, and to my dear husband for taking time out of a day that could have been spent to catch up after a very long work trip away. Thank you for your generosity, Sweetie. Thank you also to friends Mary and Renee' for coming along as well, bringing their little girls and offering to play mommy to help Eric when I couldn't.
http://www.barnes&noble.com/ , see Oak Brook, IL for the best service ever!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great community event. I agree that the events you attend with your family along are the most cherished ones! It solidifies what the "Mrs." part of the crown is all about.

    ReplyDelete