Sunday, June 21, 2009

And so Begins Some Royal Treatment







I believe that being a titleholder or one pursuing it is all about being in a role of service to others first and foremost.


Mark 9:35"Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."


That being said, there are some very nice, very generous perks that contribute to the glamorous part of being Mrs. Illinois. My directors took me to James & Williams Jewelers, the official jeweler of the Mrs. Illinois America Pageant and the designer of the Mrs. Illinois Medallion Necklace. It is a beautiful piece, and it is an honor to receive it. Meeting Bill was such a thrill. What a gentleman! I kept thinking, "Somebody pinch me, please! This can't be real!"


We then went on to That Girl Boutique and met Annie who provided a very generous shopping spree for dresses to take to Mrs. America. Her store is beautiful, but this lady's personality was even more so! What a Darling! What a dream it was to have gowns brought in to try on and choose from!


A thank you to Bill and Annie and their staff for treating all of us like Queens, and to Marcie and Julie for giving their day to me and maintaining these terrific sponsors!


Pictures are of Bill and I and of Bebe and I with our crowns on...By the way, you'll probably seeing a lot of her! We did not get pictures of Annie per her request...we had torrential down pours, tornado warnings and flash flooding that we dodged through the day. She felt unkempt, but you should have seen her...Her hair was PERFECT! I gotta find out what hairspray she uses! Eric also took a picture of me before I left...awwww...

No comments:

Post a Comment