Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Walk in the Park for Cure Kids Cancer
















Today was spent working with Six Flags Great America and their annual walk-a-thon for pediatric cancer, partnering with The Children's Miracle Network, benefiting Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. I was especially grateful for the chance to work with them, not just because this was in my home town, but because we spent a year in care with Children's Memorial 2 years ago for our own daughter, Elena, for Neutropenia. Listening to little 6 1/2 year old Aiden get up to the podium and publicly thank Children's Memorial for his care during the opening ceremonies was touching (and heart-wrenching!), and made me so thankful for the health our child has now, the facilities we have to heal those that aren't so fortunate, and to remind me to keep those little ones and their families in prayer.

Here are some great places to go to see how you can be a part of this terrific outreach!








I'll have a couple posts on this for photos. A special thank you to Jason Pawlowski for making the trip up and giving his morning to documenting the event. You are the best!
Pictured here are:
Mr. Six and Me...More Flags, More Fun!
Working the Raffle Ticket table for more support
And a couple shots of walkers wanting to be princess for once...I think that was my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment