Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Welcome to 2009
















Welcome to the blog of Mrs. Illinois America 2009. I'm your host, and your Illinois America gal of the moment, Anji Meidel.

We just returned from a family vacation in Florida, so my apologies for not having this up and running sooner. That, and I've yet to figure out how to set this up as far as a separate profile for just Mrs. Illinois (then again, when you're a Mrs., that DOES include everyone, right?!?!)...can we say computer dummy? Yes, yes, I think we can. Praise the Lord above for my husband who is the end all - be all of all things computer...That is part of his job after all! :0)
So anyway, until I can have his help, and the camera back (it went with Eric to work today by mistake)...this is the beginning of my blog as Mrs. Illinois...already proving I am not perfect! Personally, I think that's a good thing. Totally attainable (I'm proof!), approachable, regular, next-door neighbor, put - your - pants - on - one - leg - at - a - time - and - falls - over - doing - it kind of gal. I believe any and every woman who admits her flaws and embraces them, celebrates who she is for what she is, is a Queen in her own right. She's empowered already to do great things she was meant to do (yes, in her imperfection), and BE great for others in service, love, encouragement and care so others can be great with her(um...so...go me, too?!?! HA!).
I will be posting photos, appearances, thanks, and any information I can pass on to you. I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me. I hope you'll like me being me. I tend to get silly sometimes...note my family blog and the post with a youtube clip of Precious the Dog...you'll see!
Here's a few shots - again, courtesy of Jason P - of competition itself. When I have the other shots from the official photographer that weekend I will share those as well.
Photos:
Costume, Swim (nice walking shot), gown, all the beautiful ladies, crowning

Thank you for taking the time to visit. Many Blessings!
Philippians 1:2-4 "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy"

No comments:

Post a Comment