Monday, September 14, 2009

And now I am home...back to Illinois!


So congratulations to Andrea Robertson, our new Mrs. America, who I am sure will do great things with her year, and great things at Mrs. World. It is an honor to know you and to have competed with you. To the ladies of the Class of 2009…I have great memories, good stories, and have some incredible examples of class, ingenuity, grace, style, and beauty because of you. I applaud each and every one of you and thank you all for what you have given me in this experience.

This time at Mrs. America would not have meant as much as it did had it not been for some people I’d like to mention. The road to Mrs. America is long and difficult, sometimes it even looks impossible. I went and I feel I did my very best, but I did not go alone, and for that I am grateful.

To my Father in Heaven Who blessed me with the chance to go to Mrs. America and to meet incredible ladies from all over the US that I am truly grateful for, Thank You. I give You praise, and all honor and glory go to You. You are completely sovereign and I am glad.

Psalm 68:35“You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!”

To my dear husband, my deepest thanks for being dad and mom while I was away, for your patience and love, and being my constant everything. You are my best friend and THE best. No title is sweeter or better than Mrs. Meidel. I love you so.

To my Mrs. Illinois sisters: Julie, for your encouragement every step of the way, all your Tucson memories and information so I knew just what to bring and be ready for, for my beautiful box of cards and gifts to open throughout my stay, and the phone calls checking in on me (even after you had Max on finals night!!!); thank you, my beautiful, chosen sister! Dee, for all your love and support, for the eternal cheering section that is you, for making the trip out to be there in Tucson for me with all the other things going on in your life, for the beautiful jewelry, and all your prayers; thank you for constantly going above and beyond for me and for so many others, my dear friend. Kaili, for the calls, flowers, the ever-so-needed clothing rack, constant encouragement, my awesome t-shirt, and the character you possess; thank you with all my heart for being so kind to me and for becoming a great friend. Michele, thank you for the phone call and beautiful necklace and your support through the years; I am so grateful for you and the contstant goodness you share. Maria, for my beautiful t-shirt and your phone calls and sweet encouragement; thank you, dear mommy-to-be, sweet friend. These women are generous, genuine women that are the epitome of Mrs. Illinois and Mrs. America. Their actions really do speak louder than words, and any words, actions or deeds done by these women solidify their example of commitment to excellence in life.

To the people who made my preparation uncomplicated, fun, and made me fully ready for all aspects of competition: Diane, Holly, Justin, Julie, Dee, Kaili, Frank, Jason, Michelle, Kathy, Dave and Loni. Thank you for your help, support, encouragement, belief in me and solidifying in me what I knew and know in myself already, but because of you became stronger, more certain and able to go forth with confidence.

My thanks to the Mrs. Illinois Organization for providing a chance for ladies in Illinois to get the opportunity to be a part of the Mrs. America experience. My thanks to Joe and Marcie for breakfast the day we left for home and the pretty crown bag, to Julie for the card and crown t-shirt, and to Lisa for the flowers and call on prelims night.

Did I make top 10? No, as I am sure most reading this already know. Do I have any regrets? NO (except that I should have had more desserts)! I prepared and worked hard as I did for state for 4 years (yeah, I've mentioned that before, but these were important years to me that were not wasted and deserve to be noted). I did not compromise my standards or beliefs. I loved my choices. I loved myself. I believed (and still do) that I, among the best of the best of each of our states, would make a great Mrs. America. And we do and are in our own right, continuing to serve in our own states, in our communities and our families.


When people see Mrs. America or Mrs. State in action, I hope they see that it’s not about saving the world; it’s about serving your corner of it. Anyone can do it, but you have to make the choice to do it.


With that I leave you with some things I've been told, firmly believe, and want to pass on...
Never be anything but your best you.
Never doubt your worth.
Never do anything to jeopardize your integrity.
"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you."
Psalm 25:21
"The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out."
Proverbs 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment