Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 6











Interviews! Sunday was the day for interviews and then some free time in the afternoon before a fabulous Jazz Fest and then...YEP! More practice! ;) We also had our contestant gift exchange that night. Nothing like Christmas in September!!!




I enjoyed my time with the judges, and was glad for the opportunity to get to experience that. And I know I have said it before, but I will say again that I was glad not to be one of them. They had a seriously hard job to do!



I also got to spend some quality time with Erika's family...I think I may have to adopt them. They were loving, kind, funny, and terrific to be around. They made my time away from home and family easier to manage (I missed them SO much!) by embracing me as one of their own. Erika has 2 brothers, Eric and Dirk, and her mother joked that all she had to do when they were younger was yell "IRK!" and all three came running...LOVE THAT! ;)



Photos are:

Erika and I

Erika's family

Fritt and Fratt in crowns for practice

And our "Pile o' Gifts" from all the state delegates to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment