Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 7







Prelims!





We spent the day working on prelim night production and competition. I was all excited about the day, and not because I was thinking of that night...sorry...I was thinking of my wonderful husband FINALLY getting there!!! I was on pins and needles all morning and when I got a text from Eric at lunch saying he had arrived, I don't think I've ever eaten so fast in my life! I got to have the biggest and best hug ever from him, and then back to practice. And that ended up running over...now I know why ladies come to rehearsal in curlers!!! I've never gotten put together so fast in my life, but there's always something to "put you to the test"! I think I did alright! ;)







We had opening number in our swimsuits, swim competition, evening gown competition, and then costume. And then I got to spend more time with my sweetheart...and EAT!!! Those chicken quesadillas were awesome that night!







Photos are:





Opening Number in swimsuit...if you look in the center in the sea of red and teal, there I am in royal blue! Loved my color of swimsuit!


FYI - our dance number was to the same song Napoleon Dynamite danced to for Pedro's talent portion of his run for presidency. The first 2 days of practice, I had the worst time keeping a straight face. Our dance was much better than his...but, bring on the moon boots...YES YES!!!

And here's the clip from Center Stage...thanks to CO for reminding me that it was here, too...kept me from laughing so hard...

Costume...and I am sad that the bazillion blue crystals I sewed and glued do not show up in this picture! OK, not a bazillion, but you get it! Mine represented the Great Lakes Naval Station as a thank you to our men and women in uniform, Illinois for being home to the largest training center of the US Navy, and for my grandpas and father-in-law who were/are all military.





Sorry, no gown (you'll see it later), but if you've seen state, then you've seen it...I was the lady in red, and a very special 'thank you' to all my sweet ladies for the compliments! Right back at ya, babes!!! Seriously, I have not seen so many gorgeous ladies in gorgeous gowns(DC, yes, I am still your "Jessica". )!


PS - I've added a pool shot of everyone...enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment