Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 8
















Finals!










We had a final day of rehearsal before the final night of competition and the end of an amazing, once in a lifetime experience. We got to meet Alan Thicke, and see Florence Henderson again for practice, as well as work with the marching band that would be accompanying us for the opening number. I was half-tempted to grab myself a flag and have myself a good time reminiscing with the band kids, but that's how silly you get on no sleep at the end of things!







Not making the top cut meant we got to sit...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, heaven! And eat pizza...and Mrs. Congeniality (NJ - how appropriate in my opinion being a BIG Miss Congeniality movie fan!) bought us the most glorious ice cream brownie sundae.




By the end of the evening we had a brand new Mrs. America, and I had done what I came to do. Be a part of something I'd worked for for the last 4 years. I made friends, encouraged people, was encouraged myself, and made memories I will cherish. I will treasure my ladies at Mrs. America. I will think fondly of Tucson. I will remember it all.




And in the words of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz... "There's no place like home."




Pictures:


Alan and Florence during practice - they were a hoot!



Lei from Mrs. Hawaii's family...beautiful!



Maureen and I backstage...the red ladies...Mrs. World wore red, too!



NJ and her gift to us!



At the end of the evening with my beautiful bouquet from Rena and Steve. Thank you, guys!(PS - that track suit is from Eric who bought that for me at Disney when we went there right after winning Mrs. Illinois...nothing like making you feel like a queen when your outfit is covered in crowns and sparkles!)



No comments:

Post a Comment