Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 2
















Oh...."the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round"...please someone make it stop for all the motion sick beauty queens, please!!!


We had practice time in the morning and then spent the afternoon working for Habitat for Humanity, planting trees and bushes for a new location of homes. I have to brag on Mrs. Alaska because we got 2 trees planted ourselves, then tackled a third with Mrs. Utah and Mrs. Arizona who happened upon the biggest tree and the smallest place to plant. Gotta give 'em props for having big aspirations! Erika set to creating a new, larger hole to plant and made a perfect place for everyone to get it together. There's a reason why she has some awesome arm/shoulder muscles!


That evening we went to a terrific Mexican Restaurant for dinner...Ole'!


Pictures:


Bus Shots
My hat - thanks, Julie! You saved my skin!


Group after planting - I like this one because it does not show the front of me covered in mud!!! I'm in the black shirt and jeans - PS, thanks Kansas, for being concerned about my well-being and heat exposure! SO Sweet!


Group shot at the restaurant


Dining! Love beans and cheese...it's like they knew I needed a nacho-type fix!

Photo Creds: some of these are by Joelle from Oregon...you rock, girl!
Side Note: I felt the urge to bust into mini-song on one of our bus trips - I think it was to the mall if I remember correctly, but I am posting here for the bus shot. Had a Miss Congeniality moment, and let the handful around me know I needed to sing the Miss United States Song. I was glad to have others join in with me...wasn't as great as William Shatner, but you get it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvOJeilnRNI - This one has the song on it from the movie on the bus...
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment