Friday, September 11, 2009

Mrs. America, Here We Come!
















I will do my best to update the blog as quickly as possible. I returned home Wednesday, and I am still in a blur...fog...daze...all of the above. I promise to work hard to catch up.


I will open with saying that this was an incredible experience, made incredible by 50 women that each could have easily taken home the crown themselves. I would not have wanted to be a judge this year; as I got to know a different lady, I would think "She would definitely be a great Mrs. America!" Guess that's why they each won their state! I am impressed, awed, honored and grateful to have been counted among the Class of 2009.

Day 1


I left for Tucson the day before orientation to get unpacked and acclimated before everything began, as I was warned there's not much "down time"...SO true!
It was an easy flight and being greeted by folks from Tucson right in the airport "We're so glad you're here! We love when Mrs. America comes to Tucson!" was so cool. Michael, my driver, was incredibly nice, and to see a sign with my name on it made me feel very important. He filled me in on all I was seeing on the way to the hotel, and wished me luck. The staff was ready to help me unload and get settled, making sure I had everything I needed...talk about getting the royal treatment!

My roommie arrived soon after, and she was by far one of the best things about my experience. Sweet, kind, unselfish, and caring from the very beginning, I knew that God was thinking of me when He gave her to me as my bunk mate for Mrs. America. Definitely a saving grace!


We went to dinner to meet up with more ladies before the first day, and I was so impressed...and a little unnerved...seeing all these tall, beautiful people. I was glad for that time though, because their familiar pretty faces were great to see again the next day, and I was glad to find that pretty was not just skin deep.
Pictures are:


Elena Decorating one of the boxes...had to include for those that know about this

At the airport


My room, pre-explosion of boxes and suitcases


Dinner with the ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment